The Theory of Chewbacca and the Ewoks

Saturday, December 19, 2015

I think everyone is aware right now a new phenomenon has dawned on us all. The latest instalment of Star Wars was released this week, now to be quite honest I'm not much of a fan; I've never watched any of the films, I'm also mighty confused as to why the order of the films go:

  • Episode 4
  • Episode 5
  • Episode 6
  • Episode 1
  • Episode 2
  • Episode 3 
Chewbacca is the one on the left.
I'm sure there's some incredibly fine reason about it making more sense or something. I've no doubt if I actually did watch (which I am planning to these Christmas holidays) I'd have even more questions but the first on the surface question I have is significant. Chewbacca and the Ewoks...are they related? Now for many fans who may read this I AM SORRY but surely you must understand where I'm coming from. 

Quite cute, new pet?
Now alright, I realise that they're not exactly the same but lets look at the similarities furry, animal like same type of wet dog looking nose, rather strange plastic looking lips. Now, maybe they won't be directly related like cousins rather 2nd cousins removed; evolution changes and evolves us humans so why not in a galaxy far, far away? First off, I'd just like to point out that my theory/confusion of the relations between Chewbacca and the Ewoks are NOT racist because how can it be racist if they aren't real?? Then again I can understand why people (Star Wars fans) may think this as where's the proof that they aren't. I for one have an open mind, if you know me you'll know I'm all for the unexplainable. Since I was young and been told all these stories of the Grimm and such I've never shaken the feeling that the impossible could be possible. Vampires...my life. Everyone knows I'd be a vampire in a heartbeat, it was confirmed when I read Twilight and fell in love with the fictional perfection that is Edward Cullen; reinforced by the face of Robert Pattinson portraying Edward in the Twilight Saga. Same with Shadowhunters from The Mortal Instruments, hunting demons, vampires, werewolves, fairies, warlocks. My point being, if there's ages old stories about them then surely there was a core root. 
If they aren't related then why are the species name so close? Chewbacca is a Wookiee right, Ewok and Wookie hmmm. So it's missing an o but most of our language is derived from Latin and Greek and changes the letters, well what if that happened through the cause of evolution in the galaxy. I mean some theories say that Killer Whales were once bears (brown kind) that had to go and live in sea to survive, look at the difference now. Mermaids were once cavemen that had to adapt to the change in land and live in water. Polar bears weren't always white. It could have happened. The comments field is always open.

One thing I want to say about Chewbacca is how much he looks like Big Foot. If you watch those discovery programmes where the people are all over the world from South America to New Zealand searching for proof of Big foot usually described as hairy and a large bipedal humanoid. Sound like anyone? Sketches and digitally remastered images of what people think Big foot may look like do admittedly look similar to a gorilla- however, you can't say that Chewbacca wouldn't be a fit to that description. I think it would hardly be a surprise if they found that Big Foot was related to Chewbacca or vice versa. Yes I believe in the theory of Big foot to, as with all my beliefs which I will stick to until proven wrong.


On a side note, don't Ewok's look soooooo cute! Like miniture cuddly bears you want to take home and keep as a pet or little friend. Hans did with Chewy. I'm not over the sheer adorable qualities of baby Ewok's...



As always if anyone reads this and wishes to respond the comments field is always open, I'd be happen for anyone to enlighten me or just offer a humorous response to my pondering mind. Below I have taken the liberty to include the new Star Wars trailer just for a watch, do enjoy.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Must Watch Netflix List

  • 13 Reasons Why
  • Gavin and Stacey
  • Pretty Little Liars
  • Riverdale

Instagram