Winter Skincare Routine

Friday, December 23, 2016



As the weather gets colder and the nights get darker we know it's winter and it's nearly CHRISTMAS! The main thing I notice about my skin in the winter is how dry it becomes, so do my lips which is a killer for a girl, like me, who loves liquid lipsticks. Moving on,  I decided I'd share with you guys my winter skincare routine. Some of these products are new to me and to shops and some are my rediscoveries. 

The moment I enter the door I run upstairs to take my make up off! As much as I love make up, taking it off is one of the best parts of the day. For me mascara is always a struggle, I'm also very picky about what I use. A favourite is the Garnier Micellar Water, I don't really have a preference between the normal or sensitive one if I'm honest- usually I just pick up whatever's on offer. Recently, I've had a little shake up. 

Lately, I've been testing a few Simple products, these are all new products according to the packaging and website. Now, people say make up wipes are lazy and that we shouldn't use them but sometimes it can't be helped. I've been enjoying the KIND TO SKIN CLEANSING FACIAL WIPES, they're soooo soft and very gentle on the skin. I find with some brands, wiping them over my eyes causes a lot of pain but these are quick and easy.

Normally, I don't use these on their own, afterwards I'll go ahead and start to free my eyes. I use the Maybelline Lash Sensational, it's literally the best mascara you'll ever use but tough as nails to remove (similar to the Benefit Their Real). This week I've been trying out the newKIND TO EYES DUAL EFFECT MAKE UP REMOVER, this is AMAZING! I put some on two cotton pads and hold them over my eyes gently massaging them over my eyelashes, this is wonderful because not only does it get rid of tough eye make up it also cares for your lashes. I think it's so good because it has cleansing oil and vitamin enriched water; so it dissolves make up and hydrates your lashes.  Depending on how much you use and how much eye make up you have on, you may need to go in a second time but normally I find one is enough.

Then I move on to my face as a whole, got to get the base of. Again, I've been testing out another new Simple product. The KIND TO SKIN HYDRATING CLEANSING OIL includes vitamin A & E, it removes make up easily and if you use with water it turns into sort of a milky texture. It makes your skin feel perfectly clean, of course it has no artificial junk in it- all natural and refreshing for your skin!

So now, I'd probably jump in the shower and wash my face. I've been switching between two, the BOOTS TEA TREE AND WITCH HAZEL FOAMING FACE WASH and the Body Shop's VITAMIN E GENTLE FACE WASH. The Boots one is really good, I never really get breakouts when I'm using it, it definitely keeps skin clear. Also, the Tea Tree range is always on 3 for 2, you get to try more for a good deal! The Body Shop face wash is more a nourishing face wash than anything else, it keeps your skin soft and refreshed- suitable for all skin types with no real scent.

After this, it's time to tone and moisturise. Sticking to the Vitamin E Range, I use the VITAMIN E HYDRATING TONER; love love love this! Cooling on the skin, a super nice scent, leaves skin feeling clean and hydrated. It also removes any remaining traces of make-up /dirt left on the skin as well as helping maximise of follow on products.

For moisturising, I use either the MOISTURE CREAM or NIGHT CREAM depending on the time. First, I always apply the VITAMIN E EYE CREAM, now I know a lot of young people think that this step may be unnecessary but our skin ages every single day, so the earlier we start the better our skin will be as we grow older. Personally, I feel that this wakes me up the morning because like the previous products it's very cooling. Then, I'll go ahead and apply whichever moisturiser and that's my skincare done!

Then before make-up I apply my INSTAGLOW CC CREAM, which I've written about in a previous post- SOME BODY SHOP ESSENTIALS- but otherwise the Vitamin E moisturisers act as a super good primer for make-up. For my lips, I've rediscovered the Lush Lip Scrubs! I've had previous that I just couldn't use because of the flavour, this time round I chose MINT JULIPS and honestly this has been my saviour. My lips are still dry, this just gets rid of excess dry skin on the lips which allows me to wear my beloved NYX SUEDE CREAM in Soft Spoken (TRY IT).


You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Must Watch Netflix List

  • 13 Reasons Why
  • Gavin and Stacey
  • Pretty Little Liars
  • Riverdale

Instagram