Top 5 Christmas Films

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

One of the best things about it being Christmas time if of course the films! I haven't watched some of the most popular Christmas films- It's a Wonderful Life, Polar Express, Elf but this year I'm planning to branch out (I have only got a short time left). Some may object to this list, I say that these are my favourite films to watch during the festive season.



1. Die Hard
That's right, I'm talking about guns, explosions, murder and robbery. Christmas would not be Christmas without John McClane running round Nakatomi Plaza barefoot. Die Hard, no matter what anyone says is a Christmas film: there's Christmas music, a party and decorations which means Christmas. No one wants loved up, gentle, family films all through December- if you haven't watched this...who are you? P.S LOOK AT BRUCE ON THE PICTURE!!!!


2. Arthur Christmas
THIS IS THE CUTEST. Arthur Christmas is literally the animation that can make me happy whenever! It tugs on the old heartstrings. Arthur is Father Christmas's son (hence Arthur Christmas) and his older brother is set to take charge after Santa retires, it reveals the answer to everyones question: 'How does Santa deliver all his presents in one night?' The high tech operation below the snow reveals this. At the heart it's all about family and the unlikely hero, Arthur. I love, love, love this!


3. Frozen
Frozen is still Disney's biggest film even though it was released in 2013. I can't go anywhere without seeing  some sort of Frozen merch. To think I originally watched this film because Jon Groff voiced Kristoff, now it's one of my favourite films. I know that Frozen is actually set in summer but it's got snow, ice, food...all the best things that could be associated with Christmas! The soundtrack is everything, 'Let It Go' is no doubt the prominent song!


4. A Christmas Carol
Dickens's classic was revamped in 2009 when it was re-released. This time it was Disney, animated and had a to die for score/soundtrack composed by Alan Silvestri. I adore this, I struggle to engage in the live action versions but not this; probably because it's Disney and made for kids to understand. The animation is amazing, it's just so festive. We know it's going to be funny because Jim Carey voices Ebenezer, what made it for me was Gary Oldman and (number one bae) Colin Firth! Get watching!


5. Fred Claus
Fred Claus is the only Vince Vaughn film I can watch. I'm not a big fan of his work (just not my genre) but this is an exception, I watched this for the first time years ago when I was staying in my Nan and Grandad's house and I look forward to watching it every year. Incredibly witty with a lot of mayhem, it tells the story of Fred who has been brought to the North Pole by his saintly brother Nicholas. This is such a feel good film with such a fantastic cast!

Hope you enjoyed the little insight into my Christmas watchlist! Let me know what you love to watch at Christmas and any recommendations!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Must Watch Netflix List

  • 13 Reasons Why
  • Gavin and Stacey
  • Pretty Little Liars
  • Riverdale

Instagram