My Five Top TV Shows of 2016

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

TV time is that time of day when we can relax and focus our minds on something other than work, college or school! This year I've been enjoying some of my classic favourites along with some new discoveries.


1. PLL
Okay, so I know we're now waiting for April 19th! I had to mention PLL because season 7 was literally the best ever, I can't even deal with the twists and turns. We has Spaleb, Ezria, Emison and Caleb all in a few episodes- here's me months down the line still angry with Ezra because of the last episode. What I'd been waiting for was the Haleb reunion, holy smoke that was fiery- it was super sweet with Caleb's little speech but then the intimate moments, it's almost on par with the Ezria kitchen scene. Also, I've been watching PLL again and I'm just so emotional seeing all the babies. I just want Spoby to get back together, did anyone else find Noel extremely creepy? Han was bad ass bitch in season 7 too, I feel like a lot of it may have deep down been a result of the whole Spaleb thing but we're all good because we knew how much Caleb cared. Honestly, I was nervous watching each episode of season 7 and I called that Mary Drake was Spencer's! FYI: still don't trust that bitch. We could have a PLL baby in the final season, like what the hell, poor Alison though. 


2. Grey's Anatomy
My friend Lauren is, no joke, a Grey's super fan. It had always intrigued me because Patrick Dempsey is fine and because I enjoy a medical drama. I began watching in June and I'm still on season 3; there's nothing about it I don't love, it's just every episode it so emotionally draining because it's so lovey dovey or a disaster- there's no in-between! I hate Izzy and George, they irritate me so much, adore Cristina and Meredith, Patrick is number one, Alex is accepted, it's just love hate relationships if I'm honest. Anyway, watch Grey's as it's totally fantastic just bring the tissues.


3. Homeland
Genius. Homeland was a programme that caught my eye over the years and looked unreal, the problem was it wasn't available on my TV until I found it on Netflix. Claire Danes and Damien Lewis provide stunning performances, Danes portrayal of Carrie is unreal- now I love Carrie and Brody together but some people don't. I dislike Jessica (Brody's wife) so much, she's living such a lie and left that other poor sod all alone. This show is basically all about terrorism and the threat is places, if 9/11 hadn't happened I'm sure this show wouldn't have been created. Saul is the cutest middle aged man ever but can also be really annoying sometimes. This has won six Emmy's and five Golden Globes so it's obviously amazing, you won't regret watching this!


4. Shadowhunters
Incredibly bad yet incredibly good. The film Mortal Instruments is one of my favourites even though it was highly criticised by Cassandra Clare fans, I loved it and so did she. This is so different and true to the books although it goes at a faster pace, Dominic Sherwood will never beat Jamie Campbell Bower in my opinion- for me he was original Jace. The casting does seem so much better in the show though, Isabelle and Alec are amazing and the show's much more modern too. Katherine McNamara is good as Clary, it doesn't seem as though she is Clary though only that she's acting Clary, were as Lily Colins was totally 100% Clary Fray.


5. OUAT
I always stop watching OUAT and them come back to it and binge watch. This season is really weird because of the whole Evil Queen and Gold relationship, loving the Hook and Emma moments- normally not a big fan of Emma but this season she's one of my faves. Snow and Charming are always my winner's though, this season is incredibly sad for them but no spoilers it's cool; I think it's the fact Dallas and Goodwin are together in real life that makes it more real for me to watch. If you like Disney, the Grimm tales or legends/myths you'd love OUAT and to think I only began watching because of Jamie Dornan.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Must Watch Netflix List

  • 13 Reasons Why
  • Gavin and Stacey
  • Pretty Little Liars
  • Riverdale

Instagram