My Five Top Albums of 2016

Monday, December 26, 2016

This post is my first in a small series of top fives for the end of 2016! Music is such a big outlet for everyone, I thought I'd start of with my top albums. Personally, I've replayed and replayed these all through 2016 and still will!


1. Made in the AM- One Direction
If you follow me on twitter you'll know I have an obsession with Harry Styles. All the albums released over the past 6 years are everything but this post-Zayn album is number one for me. It has a really great flow, it's casual and spoken word; I feel like it's so real and by this I mean that it's straight from the boys thoughts. Ultimate songs for me are AM, Perfect, History and Drag Me Down.


2. Hamilton (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
OMG. Hamilton, 2016 has revolved around replaying this soundtrack. It's basically the most popular broadway musical of the time and is always in demand. Lin-Manuel Miranda is an absolute genius! What we did have the gift of his presence I do not know. Hamilton is the story of Alexander Hamilton- one of the Founding Fathers of the USA, the thing about the soundtrack is it isn't classic musical theatre. With a hip-hop vibe and a lot of rapping, Hamilton is so diverse to most things you'll have heard. Lin has also just composed the soundtrack to Disney's Moana (also obsessed with this) but my one and only Jon Groff plays King George in Hamilton, another factor that draws me in. A few favourites are You'll Be Back, Best of Wives and Best of Women, It's Quiet Uptown and The Schuyler Sisters.


3. Adele-25
As a female artist, Adele is QUEEN. Say what you want about Beyonce, Gaga, Rihanna but in my world it's Adele. Obviously, in previous generations we have Whitney, Celine etc, for the late millennium Adele is our monarch. I feel like 25 is a bit more varied than 19 and 21. I didn't be expected to be as blown away as I still am. Personally, I feel like all the songs are so true and speak in volumes, her voice is phenomenal and there's not really much to say about the track list except it's fantastic. I may be a bit bias because I am going to Wembley next year to watch Adele in her last tour, this doesn't take away from the fact that she's took the world by storm. My fave tracks are currently, All I Ask, Remedy, Water Under the Bridge and When We Were Young.

4. Catfish and the Bottlemen- The Ride/ The Balcony
Each of these albums are distinct and outstanding and I put them together because I need number five for another album by a different artist. This year I was fortunate enough to see Catfish, the experience was made ten times better as I got to go with seven of my best friends! It was an un-real couple of hours and I loved every minute, until you see Catfish live you won't understand how much you love them. My closest friends- Abb, Lau, Kate and Soph- have always had the best music taste; without them I would't have such an eclectic taste in music. Just give Catfish a listen, you either like them or you don't. Best tracks for me, from The Ride probably Oxygen, Soundcheck and Glasgow and for The Balcony probably Fallout, Hourglass and Business.


5. 1975- I like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it
Although this album has the weirdest title, don't be fooled. SO GOOD. In comparison to the first album 1975, I feel like this album is much more chill. 1975 is more rocky and absolutely stunning, I took my younger sister to see the 1975 almost two weeks ago and again they didn't fail to impress. Their stylisation and ascetic is simple yet incredibly effective, I've seen them about four times and continue to be astounded. Personal favourites are Somebody Else, UGH!, She's American and If I Believe You!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Must Watch Netflix List

  • 13 Reasons Why
  • Gavin and Stacey
  • Pretty Little Liars
  • Riverdale

Instagram