My Five Top Films of 2016

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

 Going to the cinema is one of my all time favourite past times, I have a limitless card so I tend to go to the Odeon alone quite frequently! I wanted to talk about my top five films I've seen this year, this has nothing to do with the technical side of anything just my honest opinion.

1. Bridget Jones Baby
LIFE. As a girl of course I've watched Bridget Jones Diary and Edge of Reason growing up, it's literally the perfect rom-com. I adore Colin Firth, so much and Hugh Grant isn't too hard to look at either; Bridget gives every woman the hope that we'll all find love one day even if life doesn't always go right. Bridget Jones Baby (BJB) was everything to me. If you seen my previous post, you'll know that I've begun to watch Grey's Anatomy- the obsession with Patrick is real. Not joking when I say I cried before I entered the cinema and then the Fifty Shades Darker came on so I was gone. This was amazing, I'm so in love with it! I feel like it's the best one yet not going to lie, I feel like we've seen Bridge grow up even though she's now like fourty. Darcy is incredibly cute in BJB, it's too much for someone like me who is a major emotional fangirl.


2. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Newt Scamander has stolen my heart, I want to marry him! Of course I will always adore HP but FB's is on another scale. It's so much cuteness in one film, I couldn't even deal. I know a lot of people had reservations because they felt it was no competition to HP, the great thing about FB is that it's a totally separate narrative so there's no comparison. Personally, I do feel like I love FB a bit more! It seemed more comic, easy going and fun, I'm also obsessed with Niffler's and Newt's scarf.

3. Moana
Holy crap. This is fabulous! Moana isn't a princess, only the Chief's daughter, the setting is dreamy and Lin Manuel Miranda composes the majority of songs. Pua the pig is the only pet I want, the chicken is crazy weird and I'm not fond. Moana's island looks insane, I want to live there, to be so close to the ocean, to look at the fabulous greenery, live in the little huts and sing songs about 'How Far I'll Go'! I will say this film has some absolutely heart breaking moments, me and Moll sobbed in the cinema. Please, please watch this, it's so stunning.


4. Me Before You
Literally, watching this was the most I'd ever cried. My word in response to this was and still is...wow. Honestly, it's unbelievably beautiful whilst being incredibly sad. Sam Claflin's performance as Will is phenomenal, Will is so broken and guarded- Claflin portrays this excellently. Whilst Emilia Clarke's performance as Louisa really changed the her game; only really known for Game of Thrones, Clarke shows her more sensitive playing quirky Louisa. Adapted from the Jojo Moyes novel, which I read in a day, this is a must see.

5. The Revenant
When people used to talk about having a cinematic experience watching Jaws or Star Wars when they were younger, I never knew what they meant, until January. The Revenant gave me actual whiplash. How did Hugh Glass even survive, how did Leo survive filming- I can't even imagine. This film is actually horrific, Leo's character should die within the first five minutes! He goes through unreal experiences, who survives being crushed by a tricking bear? That's right no one, except him! If you are an action fiend, watch this. Personally, I think it's a bit of a horror story but you know it isn't. Some parts are actually disgusting, you'll never regret watching this film though! No wonder Leo won an Oscar!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Must Watch Netflix List

  • 13 Reasons Why
  • Gavin and Stacey
  • Pretty Little Liars
  • Riverdale

Instagram