My Five Top Beauty Items of 2016

Thursday, December 29, 2016



In 2016 let's just say my face has improved! I didn't wear foundation, I couldn't do eyeshadow, my eyebrows were awful; this has significantly improved and I'm very happy to say so. Here are some of my must haves.

1. NYX Liquid Suede Cream in Soft Spoken
The best lip product I've bought this year. I was originally going to buy Sandstorm, then I saw Soft Spoken; it's very brown tone but very wearable. I wear it literally everyday, it's stunning on the lips and so comfortable- it lasts all day too. I wear it to college and still have it on at the end of the day, after drinking, eating and talking all day.

2. LOreal Paris Infallible Fixing Mist
I bought this on a whim, I needed a new foundation and wondered over to the LOreal counter because of the 3 for 2. I picked up the foundation in the Infallible range and a powder as well as this spray. I'm addicted to this, I can't do my make-up without it, I notice such a difference! It smells great too, can't really complain- I'd only say shake it well otherwise you're left with white dots all over your face.

3. Real Techniques Buffing Brush (from the Core Collection 1403)
For the first couple of months of 2016 I was totally committed to my beauty blender, I still am but I've rediscovered my buffing brush. It's so good to distribute foundation all over your face, super soft and super easy to use. Make sure you wash it every week, otherwise you get brush strokes all over your face. I use my beauty blender after I'm happy with the base just to go over for a flawless finish, usually the buffing brush does it all if I'm honest.

4.  Unicorn Heart Highlight
My two favourite things combined- unicorns and highlighter! This is so unique, very beautiful and sparkly as hell. In a nutshell, it's a rainbow in a box, the lilac shade is my personal favourite. I always over highlight but if I look like a unicorn it's all acceptable, if you love highlight hunt this down!

5.  LOreal Nude Magique BB Powder
I picked this up with number two,  it has such a good coverage and is really brightening. This was a saviour when I had a foundation that was a little too dark and I didn't have time to go out to get another one. This is one of my favourites, I hit pan incredibly quick for me- clearly it must be good.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Must Watch Netflix List

  • 13 Reasons Why
  • Gavin and Stacey
  • Pretty Little Liars
  • Riverdale

Instagram