Emotionally Character Corrupted

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Speaking with my sister yesterday I think I have a serious problem with fictional characters. I'll be honest there's so many male protagonists in books I'm very obsessed with I can't really keep count. I mean I'm not the only one who thinks this way you know! My sister does, certainly some of my friends and even Carrie Fletcher's written a song about it entitled 'Boys in Books are Better' give it a listen right now.


I actually think if you questioned any avid reader of fictional novels of whichever genre there's a character that they have related to and wish were a real person! I may be right but my problem is that I cannot not fall in love with male characters. Obviously, I'm aware that it's not real love maybe just hmmm a form of love, you can see why it happens though because if you think about you spend (varying on the amount and speed you read) a lot of time getting to know certain characters. It isn't the readers fault that these characters get to us so much, that's what they're written for, without them I suppose a book would lack a lot of depth and wouldn't get as many followers.

For me characters stick with you. I read Twilight a long time ago but I still adore Edward Cullen to this day. Sure, I've read lots of other books with characters that have made me cry, are more developed, have more open emotions but it doesn't change how much I love him. It's different for everyone. Which is why I can't understand how people can list characters in favourites, why? Well because none of the characters have the same traits, emotions, story (unless they're in the same book) every writer wrote each individual character to be as individual as a real  life person. If you have never heard someone say something along the lines of 'I'd love to find my real life Mr Darcy'.

Here is my list of boys in books that are always loved by me:


  • Edward Cullen
  • Jace Wayland/ Herondale/Morganstern
  • Will Herondale
  • Jem Carstairs
  • Christian Grey
DON'T JUDGE: I promise if I'd actually read classics there would be more but I haven't yet so when I do they'll be added!






You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Must Watch Netflix List

  • 13 Reasons Why
  • Gavin and Stacey
  • Pretty Little Liars
  • Riverdale

Instagram