Mini Book Haul

Friday, February 17, 2017

This week I ordered two new books and they arrived today, I thought I'd do a quick book haul. If you follow me on instagram you may have already seen my buys, they both have super pretty covers that I'm rather obsessed with.

Happy by Fearne Cotton was what I went searching for. I love Fearne, I think she's uber cool and just an amazing person. Fearne's previously released a cook book- Cook Happy, Cook Healthy- she's all about living well which is what Happy reflects. She understands how important happiness is and how we need to search for it everyday, our society seems to have a taboo about mental health that must be broken. Fearne opens up about her battle with depression for the first time in Happy, telling of the little things that keeps it at bay in order for her to continue looking forward to the happy times ahead. Happy includes expert advice from Mind and is stuffed with ideas and is interactive, Fearne invites readers to share the experience with her!

Personally, I can't understand why there's still a taboo surrounding mental health. I've not experienced it first hand, friends have and I know that it's so important to seek help, there's no benefits of putting it off. I'll admit that the cover was what initially drew me towards the book but when I looked into it and read about the concept I found it interesting. Whether you've suffered or your suffering from mental health, maybe your not and you never have, being in a good mind set is always important. That's why I bought this, everyone has down days and I thought this would be great for that and an interesting read. It's something different to what I'd normally go for.

My second choice was one that I seen recently in Waterstones and it caught my eye. Big Magic, by the author of Eat, Pray, Love, Elizabeth Gilbert. Again, another book I wouldn't usually read but really drew me in; Big Magic is a book where Gilbert shares her wisdom and unique perspective on creativity. As an English student this is very important, I like to analyse books and consider the thoughts of the author or poet before their work comes to life. Having this blog is a creative outlet of my own, someday I'd like to write my own work and I feel as though this will give me some well needed inspiration.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Must Watch Netflix List

  • 13 Reasons Why
  • Gavin and Stacey
  • Pretty Little Liars
  • Riverdale

Instagram