January Favourites

Saturday, February 11, 2017

The month of February is here! My birthday, Valentines and Harry's birthday, I love February. Back to January, here's my January favourites.


Beauty
Rimmel Match Perfect Foundation
Mine is obviously the lightest shade- light porcelain. Before buying this I hadn't looked at any reviews etc etc. The foundation I was using was too dark, I picked this one up because it was cheap and everyone trusts Rimmel. I didn't expect much but I like it a lot; the colour is good (could be a little lighter), it smells pretty good and has a nice coverage. It glides on easy as well as being quite cooling on my skin when first applied, now I want to try the matching concealer in the range.

NYX Professional Makeup Lip Lingerie Lipstick
Bedtime Flirt. Oh my lord, I'd wanted to try the lingerie range for the longest time and finally bought two shades in very late December. Bedtime Flirt is a pinky toned nude, it's so good for everyday wear and very wearable. I do recommend using a lip scrub before and after wearing it though, just to keep yourself hydrated. The lingerie lipsticks have a texture that reminds me of mousse, I suppose this sounds super strange but try it and you'll understand. I also bought Embellishment, on me this looks purple toned and is really cool when I want to add a little something to a plain outfit.

Sleek Highlighter Eye Palette- Solstice
First, I didn't know this was also a palette for eyes, unless we're talking inner corner highlight. I bought this palette last year after seeing it on YouTube and loved it, I stopped using it because I kind of thought it was too much. However, in January I've learnt you can never have too much highlighter. The pearly pink and orange shades are my fave, I never use the cream or yellow that much but I'm going to start trying. Head over heels with this, well worth the hype.

Viva La Juicy Perfume
Viva La Juicy is such a sweet, girly fragrance. Not sickly sweet, just enough! Fruity and fresh with a hint of vanilla, it's luxurious and perfect for everyday wear.

Hair
Herbal Essences Shampoo and Conditioner- Bee Strong
If you follow me on insta (beckielees_) then you'll have seen I got the chop. I have a fringe, it grows down to my eyes very fast and I can't see; not going to lie I didn't want my hair as short as it is but I love it. New hair meant new hair care! One thing that really irritates me is that I always get split ends, 2017 is the year of Beckie's strong hair, I bought Bee Strong on a whim and it's amaze. First of all, my hair smells insane for days after using them, I can only describe it as such a yum sent. It leaves my hair feeling super soft and shiny. RECOMMEND.

Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Intensive Mask
Do you know why I love this? It takes five minutes, FIVE. Normally it's fifteen to twenty, who has time for that?! I hate coconut (the scent of it, just everything) alas this is heavenly, it's so creamy and you can feel it nourishing your hair. Basically, you're putting a pre-conditioner on you hair and you can just wait for the shower to warm up and BAM ready to take it offer. To be perfectly honest, I feel like this may be the reason why the shampoo and conditioner scent stays for days. I use this once a week on a Sunday and follow it up with the Bee Strong range.

Skincare
Vitamin E Range- The Body Shop
As we all know, Beckie love love loves The Body Shop. The whole Vitamin E Range is my saviour, it's so cooling and softens the skin. Previous to the using the whole range, I only used the toner and eye cream if I can remember correctly, now my saving grace is the day cream in particular. It's not creamy it's almost a gel, makes my red face calm the heck down and is a lovely base for makeup.

Side Note: Sorry that the cream has sort of fell in the picture, I didn't realise until I uploaded!

Vitamin C Energising Face Spritz- The Body Shop
I use this first thing of a morning after my shower and before skin care. It has a citrus scent which is perfect to wake me up in the morning, it's cool to use throughout the day too- just to freshen the face. Personally, I find it great for dampening my beauty blenders after dampening them or just instead if I can't be bothered to get up and go to the sink. Gross, I know!

Random
Minnie Mouse Ears
This must sound incredibly crazy. I use my Minnie ears to keep my hair off my face when I wash my face, I love Disney lots and these are incredibly handy ways. It's nice to not just keep them sitting in
my room, every time I put them on though I want to go back to Disney very bad!

Youtube
Meg Says
I will always talk about sweet little Meg. I adore watching Meg because she's timeless and stunning but so real, like a real friend. I feel like Meg kind of knows me now, we tweet each other often and that's what I like; a lot of people wouldn't take the time like Meg but she does. I'd also like to mention her new haircut and how fab she looks in her new video!

Tanya Burr
Tanya is classic YouTube. There's no way I'd ever go off her videos, I've been watching them back recently and just rediscovered my adoration of Tanya.

Music




Bad Things- Machine Gun Kelly ft Camila Cabello
Holy crap. I'd been seeing this advertised all over my Facebook and when I finally gave it a listen, OMG. It's my new jam, I sing Camila's part all the time and listen to it on repeat every day. It's not my usual style but it's Camila's parts that completely besot me.

John Mayer
In general, John is an absolute legend. His new music filled my heart and inspired me to listen to his old albums, Gravity is my all time favourite song- it brings all the feels.

I Don't Wanna Live Forever- ZAYN and Taylor Swift
Big fan of One Direction not so much ZAYN for leaving. However, this song is everything, in case you didn't know I am also a big fan of Fifty Shades; I know they're not good books and the film was average alas it's something I'm a massive supporter of and I'm going to see it on the 10th Feb- MY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Taylor sound incredible and some of her notes are just...wow.

TV




Shadowhunters
Is continuing to shock me. Why is it going so fast? Why have they confused me so much? Why aren't Jace and Clary together yet? Who knows, let's wait and see how this season plays out. No, seriously, what's happening in this show, it's sort of not sticking to the books and is also kind of awful but good at the same time. I just don't know guys.

Movies
T2
YES. T2 was so nostalgic, I loved it. It made me understand I am sort of attracted to Ewan McGregor,  Spud is a legend. The Scottish accent is hard to intemperate but I'm not going to talk anymore because you can read my T2 review.

Split
James McAvoy has such an outstanding performance in this film. Playing a man with twenty three personalities, who kidnaps girls and murders. This is such a stunning yet heartbreaking film. It made me laugh, cry and jump- it delivers in all aspects.











You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Must Watch Netflix List

  • 13 Reasons Why
  • Gavin and Stacey
  • Pretty Little Liars
  • Riverdale

Instagram